Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!

fallen blades
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 7:19:51 GMT -5
Suzuki Tsubasa
Change is hard, but I’m going to work harder
Suzuki Tsubasa Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday March First rank Advanced genin occupation Genin Team 7
Please help me figure this all out, clear my head and help me move forward. Wherever forward may be.
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 17:54:28 GMT -5
Evielution has written 81 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 9:25:06 GMT -5
Yamaguchi Masshiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamaguchi Masshiro Avatar
groupnull
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank Sprinkles Jounin occupation Operations Team
    It had taken a bit of time for Masshiro to catch up to what exactly was going on, as his mind had been elsewhere as of late, but now standing in front of this bamboo, his mind was clear for the first time in a long time. He clearly wasn't the only one that hadn't rushed here, as he saw children, civilians, other shinobi gathered around, as as was tradition, he people watched to see how they'd act and react. Eventually when more and more people left, he finally took one of the slips of paper and began to write, before bending down and tying it to the bamboo and walking away after bowing.

I wish for a weapon to match the ferocity of Uemori to wield strength in each hand
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 17:55:22 GMT -5
Sprinkles has written 148 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 9:30:35 GMT -5
Tantetsu Tsusho
Tantetsu Tsusho Avatar
groupnull
age 27 years old birthday 3rd of January rank Jounin occupation Operations Team Leader
    This was the third day he had come to the bamboo, staring at them, measuring them, even failing to try and pull some of them out of the ground to study elsewhere, only to head home and return again. Eventually he returned with a small tanzaku in hand, already having a message written on it, tying it to the bamboo, before one last time trying to pull one of them out from the ground, failing, and looking around to see if anyone saw him trying, before walking away.

Magic fancy bamboo, I would love a set of tools to craft the best equipment in this or any other country. Oh, and lower rent on my apartment
Love Tsusho
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 17:59:33 GMT -5
Sprinkles has written 95 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 9:46:18 GMT -5
Nakajima Daigo
Nakajima Daigo Avatar
groupnull
age 31 years old birthday 7th of January rank Elite Jounin occupation 6th Lord of Yukigakure
    Daigo found himself flanked by a small guard of Nakajima ever since he had returned to the village, and an extra addition since the day he was put in the seat of Yuki Lord. Everything was different, more importance on things he hadn't needed to pay attention to before, and now there was some type of bamboo that had sprouted in the village itself, with claims of some magic properties. He never believed in fate, wishes, or much related to it despite all he knew of the shinobi world, but right now he just wished he could have a moment to gather his thoughts.

He reached his hand out, gently touching the bamboo, as he got down on his hand and knees, bowing his head and taking a deep breath and shortly turned into a loud exhale. Those that had followed him here did the same almost in the same motion, each with their own wishes, own prayers, and one by one each of them stood up. They had their own personal wants and wishes they attached to the bamboo, as they all finally stood behind Daigo now, who was the last to stand, reaching out again for the bamboo. Extending his hand, one of the Nakajima placed a piece of green colored paper into his palm, as he placed his other hand over it and closed his eyes, burning the words into it. The same Nakajima took it from him, tying it to the tree, and the group bowed once more towards the bamboo, before collectively leaving.

I want for much but will ask for very little. Whoever is up there, reading the desires of our heart, I'd ask first for a selfish want; watch over our former Lady Shuka, and assure she is at peace wherever she is now. For those in this mortal realm I'd ask for the prosperity of Yukigakure to expand and increase in all facets

Watch over us

last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 18:02:22 GMT -5
Sprinkles has written 133 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 9:50:37 GMT -5
raika hyuga
"If they tell you no, do it anyway."
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday June 13th 1001 rank Chuunin occupation ANBU Black Ops
Raika's wish: "I've never made a wish before. I've no tongue for it. No one, not even the star I'm wishing on, will remember if we were good or bad people. Why we fought, or why we've died. But strength pleases me, so grant me this one thing: greater strength. And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!"

Sogo's wish: "Uhhhh... I guess I wish I was the Gorilla sage apprentice."

Homare's wish: "It is my humble wish to wield one of the Seven Swords of the Mist."

Risi's wish:

Power, not for me
I want to protect my love
With my genjutsu

Risuki's wish: "I wish I was a member of the Sunagakure Seven."

Oriko's wish: "I wish to help those who need it most with my medical jutsu."

Kumori's wish: "I wish to be an even stronger swordswoman."

Nashida's wish: "I wish I could use Lightning Release as well."

Midori's wish: "I wish I was even more physically strong than I am now."
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 18:10:59 GMT -5
Babs has written 269 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 9:54:02 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

Kazuto had heard the stories about the meteor and the bamboo shoots that had being born out of its wake. A part of him almost made him to think it was a hoax, but he had seen enough unusual occurances in the world to consider it plausible. As he stood before one of the shoots, watching others and coming putting down their wishes. His hand moved to his pocket, retrieving the piece of partchment he had written on.

He had thought much about what his wish could be, he wished to see those love ones gone, cast away like the grain of sands that escaped through the grasp of his fingers. But he knew better, for the dead had to remain dead. Slowly he unfurled the parchment, taking from a piece of scroll and read what he had penned with ink as dark as the night sky.

Guardian's silent watch,
Shielding hearts with steadfast strength
Light in shadows' grasp.

It was adequate for poetry, he thought, nothing that would make him a virtuoso, but at least enough to convey the message to have the ability to continue guarding the village and more importantly his family. To specially endure any challenge that might come. It wasn't for him, it was merely for them. Witht hat he rolled the parchment and allowed to drop inside the bamboo shoot, wish cast, pressing hands together in a silent prayer before turning away. Allowing whatever destiny to roll the die.

-tag-

@tag

-words-

---

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 18:13:04 GMT -5
Harukei has written 2,183 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 10:18:15 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 32 years old birthday 11/16 rank Jōnin occupation Jōnin Hanchō

FROM THE FLAMES OF BATTLE I WAS FORGED, FROM THE ASH LANDS I BECAME ANEW, MY SOUL STANDS UNYIELDING TO THE CHALLENGE AHEAD

The Lioness didn't necessarily like the idea of wishing for anything. She had always being strength, resilience and stubborness incarnate. She had fought so much during her life that there were very few moments to sit down and reflect. So as the news of the shooting star came, she came to ponder what she could ever so desire. As she stood before the raised bamboo shoots she felt some hesitation, for this could be merely a mummer's farce.

But what if it wasn't? She considered. She showed the strength to the world. The iron gripped determination, the strength to move forward and be the living shield that protected her kin, kith and countrymen. But she knew herself that the cracks in that armor began to show up. She had the strength but she didn't know she had the resilience anymore.

Fist clenched, she would loosend the tightness of her grips, opening her palm to reveal a piece of partchment crumpled but stil intact. She unforled it to see the messages that she had penned when inspiration had reached the matter of her wishes.

Forged in fiery blaze,
Tempered steel of resilience
Strength from trials faced.

She had to endure. To make sure the village lasted. With that she would put the note down the shoot and nod, for she didn't know what prayers could there be for the wish to embody the blows the world could reign down on her people and carry on. She hoped whatever diety existed heard that silent plea. She hoped and she awaited.

<br>
419 ● @ ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 18:14:49 GMT -5
Harukei has written 387 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 10:39:29 GMT -5
Hanyuu Ayane
Hanyuu Ayane Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
age 24 years old birthday Sept 15, 1000 rank C-Rank occupation Dollmaker
Ayane sat on the back hatch of a moving cart next to her companions, her legs dangling in the air, as she played a biwa and sang sweetly. Her dulcet tones drifting on the breeze that rustled the branches of the newly sprouted bamboo.

"I wish I had a comfy cot, I wish I had a big lot,
I wish Chitoku would let me put mascara on his eyes, that would look hot.
Wish I had a swine feeling fine with a big bottle of wine,
And some hot pot."

last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 18:16:32 GMT -5
Dahlia has written 60 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 5, 2024 21:54:12 GMT -5
Inōe Josuke
Inōe Josuke Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 13 April, 1003 rank Chūnin occupation Team 2 Sensei
Josuke's wish: "I wish to gain the knowledge and experience to master the Sharingan I have been fated with, so that I may best protect my students and Takigakure from those from Konohagakure who wish us harm."

Shimako's wish: "I wish that I may become the strongest puppeteer in the world so that I may protect my apprentices, and to show to the world that even in the darkest, coldest nights, when we are beaten and bruised, that we will never falter or show fear. I wish that everyone may know hope and peace, so that we move on from our differences and start thinking of the new generation of ninja and civilians."

last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 19:20:57 GMT -5
Sunshine has written 13 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 6, 2024 15:44:09 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
It's all about the way you feel after it's done.
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 12/07 rank Jounin occupation
"I wish to be the Tsuchikage, to lead my land to prosperity and to show the world the power of love~"

-Nohime Yoshiko
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 19:23:26 GMT -5
Yoshiko has written 957 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 6, 2024 15:57:26 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 45 years old birthday 10/29 rank Elite Jounin occupation
"Dear husband, I wish you could be here, to see our kids grow and to help us find the light,
dear brother, I wish you could see the shinobi, I've become you'd be proud of the things I've accomplished.
Oh Lord of Light, I wish for redemption for the monster that I am,
lend me your strength in jolly cooperation, so that we might bring end to darkness."

-Yutakako Takara
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 19:26:10 GMT -5
Yoshiko has written 474 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 6, 2024 16:03:22 GMT -5
Senju Subaru
Senju Subaru Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 26 years old birthday rank Jounin occupation
"I wish to be the instrument of death Yurai needs, to murder the bijuu and all those false Gods. A box of pocky would be nice too though..."

-Senju Subaru
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 19:27:38 GMT -5
Yoshiko has written 6 posts